First posted 30th March 2021. Updated 7th June 2021.
Selection of players for Badminton Victoria (BV) State Squads and Teams will now be the responsibility of the new Badminton Victoria Performance Committee (BVPC). This committee is made up of the Junior and Senior State Squad coaches, Para Badminton Development Squad coach, and two other highly-qualified personnel:
- Vee-Vian Chong – BV Performance Coach (Senior State Squad, Para Badminton Development Squad)
- Ross Smith – BV Junior U17/19 State Squad Coach
- Matthew Chau – BV Junior U13/15 State Squad Coach
- Gillian Patmore – Former BV Junior Committee member and Junior Selector
- Mei Wan – Former BV Junior Committee member
- Tjitte “TJ” Weistra – BV Executive General Manager (Chair)
The establishment of the BVPC will also mean the discontinuation of the BV Junior Committee, and the Junior and Senior Selectors groups. We thank all of the volunteers who have been part of these groups and playing key roles in assembling our high-performing State Teams over the years.
We look forward to working with the BVPC to continue developing our high-performing athletes of the future and work within the Badminton Australia High-Performance Pathways.
Update 7th June 2021: Jeff Tho has stepped down from the Badminton Victoria Performance Committee upon his resignation as the Senior State Squad Coach.