- Started badminton at 16 with the now Mannerim Badminton Club, where he also held the position of secretary.
- Played for Geelong Workers Club and Ocean Grove BC, and at this time, was also on the Geelong Badminton Committee and Men’s Pennant Committee.
- Played for Ocean Grove and re-joined the Geelong Committee.
- Became President of Ocean Grove in 1996
- In 2009, joined the Badminton Geelong Board, becoming President in 2011.
- In 2008, was given the chance to be Assistant Manager of the Clendinnen Shield team to Darwin and has since Managed the senior team the past 11 years.
- A Junior and Senior Selector since 2012.
- Chaired Junior Committee
Board Member (since April 2019)
- Currently an Oceania Accredited Umpire and mentor to new and developing technical officials.
- Represented Western Australia as a player in junior and senior State Teams from 2007 to 2014.
- Commenced technical officiating career in 2010.
- International tournament experience includes the Sudirman Cup, Commonwealth Games, Australian Open, New Zealand Open, Macau Open, Singapore Open and German Open.
- Previous member of the Badminton Victoria Junior Committee.
- Would ultimately like to combine previous studies in sport science and law to aid in progressing badminton in Victoria, as well as promote technical officiating as an alternative way of showing continuous support for the sport.
Board Member (since July 2019)
- Member of the Bacchus Marsh Badminton Club
- A social player who enjoys competition, has played numerous veterans tournaments.
- Grassroots development and community engagement at all levels in ensuring his local club build towards a sustainable future for badminton in the area which includes Melton, Caroline Springs and Ravenhall.
- experience in the sales and marketing industry having fulfilled a range of executive management roles with Public Transport Victoria, BP Australia and GNC Group consulting.
- Committed to providing support in the development of a high-performance culture for players of all ages and the State Teams.
- Driving collaboration and developing relationships with diverse communities is a passion for him, to listen to the challenges and successes of members to create a sustainable solution and provide guidance to the Board in assisting to grow our sport at the grassroots level.
Board Member (since April 2021)
- Australian Solicitor
- Previous Board member – Whitehorse Young Achiever Council
- Previous Managing Director – Intern agency
- Legal Volunteering – Epping, Heidelberg, Women’s shelters
- Commerce Degree
- Law Degree
- Masters of Commercial Law
- 20 years badminton playing experience
- Youth competitions for Badminton Victoria
- Currently plays in Grade 1 competition at Mountain District Badminton Association (MDBA) and Premier A competition at Diamond Valley Badminton Association (DVBA)
“I have taken so much from badminton across this country for the better part of 2 decades, however I am yet to give anything back. My grandpa Pat Murray served BV with distinguish while my mum gave 20 years to developing youth still playing today. My father dominated the halls of MDBA. In my mind it’s now my turn to cast off the reputation of my family for doing good and make my own. To personally add to the development of this great game. Having already met the board, I believe I can strive in a very positive environment.”
Board Member (re-appointed since June 2021) & Member of the Performance Committee
- Acting State Director from June to November 2020
- Former Member of the Junior Committee
- Former Junior Selector
- Currently a member of the Australia Junior High-Performance Committee.
- Began playing badminton at the age of 10 in Geelong.
- Represented Victoria in all age groups over the course of approx. 10 years and won Victorian and Australian titles along the way.
- Has continued to play badminton and be actively involved in the administration of the sport.
- Holds committee positions on the Geelong and Mountain District Badminton Association.
- Managed and coached various Victorian junior teams.